ParhamKordsmeierSince graduating from journalism school five years ago, Kate Parham Kordsmeier has been published in over 100 magazines and newspapers, including USA Today, Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, The Washington Post, Esquire, Every Day with Rachael Ray and dozens more. She also develops recipes for publications like Cooking Light, FITNESS and Shape, and she is the Atlanta Expert for About.com, the culinary expert for the state of Georgia and the author of the cookbook Atlanta Chef’s Table: Extraordinary Recipes from the Big Peach

What Kate’s Looking For:

Needless to say, I’m very busy and could use an extra set of hands! So I’m hiring my first ever intern. This is not your run of the mill internship–you won’t be getting coffee, I promise. I’m looking for self-motivated journalism students (ideally someone who is aspiring to be a freelancer writer) to help me with story research, interviews, recipe testing and even writing. You’ll have the opportunity to earn bylined work, so my intern must have excellent writing and communication skills, experience with reporting and proficiency in Gmail and Google docs, Microsoft Office Suite and CMS systems like WordPress. If you’re passionate about food and travel, that’s a plus (most of my writing revolves around those two topics).

To apply, please submit your resume (including GPA and any relevant extra curriculars) and two writing samples by emailing me with the subject line FREELANCE INTERNSHIP. You don’t need to submit a formal cover letter, but in the body of your email, please tell me a bit about yourself and why you’re interested in this internship. Requirement: You need to be based in Atlanta or have the ability to meet at my Buckhead office on a bi-weekly basis. This internship is unpaid, but between the experience you’ll gain, the clips you’ll earn and the time you’ll spend with me (i.e. you can pick my brain about how to make great money as a full-time freelance food and travel writer), it will be well worth your time. I’m willing to work with your school to help you earn class credit, as well.

Comments

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind