About SCAD writing
The writing program at SCAD emphasizes passion and practicality. The curriculum is rooted in nonfiction and encourages students to pursue their passions while giving them exposure to a broad range of genres.
SCAD’s writing program offers instruction in a variety of areas:
- Creative nonfiction (memoirs, personal essays)
- Journalism (news/feature stories, personality profiles, literary journalism)
- Business (proposals, white papers, business correspondence, reports)
- Nonprofit (newsletters, brochures and grant proposals)
- Web and new media (blogs, interactive media, social media)
Faculty members have terminal degrees, extensive publication credits and work experience. For biographical information, visit the writing program section of the SCAD website.
Department assistant (Savannah): Aldine Armstead