Rhythm and Hues Recruiters Coming January 28, 2009Posted by sfdm in : Announcements , comments closed
Rhythm and Hues recruiters will be on campus in Savannah on Tuesday, 2/10 and Wednesday, 2/11.
* The Lighting team is especially interested in looking at students with photorealistic work in their portfolios for a possible apprenticeship at the end of March.
* The Animation team hopes to review reels and interview students who may be ready at end of Winter or Spring Quarter for a possible summer apprenticeship.
* Other specialities are welcome to submit.
Representatives from R&H are:
* Anjelica Casillas – Digital Production Manager – Animation, Technical Animation, Rigging
* Ruth Gibson – Assistant Digital Production Manager – Lighting, Texture Painting, EFX (Houdini), Modeling & Pipeline
* Barbara McCoullough – Head Recruiter
Their primary focus will be on reel reviews and recruiting. (No presentation or roundtables this trip.) Any interested students should submit a demo reel, resume, cover letter, and demo reel breakdown. Submissions will be accepted at the 4th floor greeters desk until Friday, 2/6 at 5pm.
Please note: Apprenticeships are for students who have completed their course work and are available for full time employment. For information on the R&H apprentice program, please see their website.
Maya Modeling Challenge! January 21, 2009Posted by sfdm in : Announcements, Competition , comments closed
We are challenging you to create a unique virtual model using Maya. It could be person, place or thing, so put your imagination to work! (Need inspiration? Check out some of Michael Ingrassia’s work)
Winners will be selected from two categories: amateur and professional. Finalists in each category will be chosen by YOU through a voting system. And don’t be sloppy! Judge Michael Ingrassia will be inspecting the finalists’ working files to make sure the job was done right.
Winners will receive a cash prize and their artwork featured in Computer Graphics World Magazine! (More info on the prizes coming soon)
The deadline to enter is March 31, 2009.
Are you up for the challenge?
Visit www.focalpress.com/mayamodelingcontest.aspx for more information on how to enter. Good luck!
Have you seen our latest catalog?
Complete with linkable features,new releases, and many of our backlist favorites- now updated for fall/winter 08!