SCAD Transportation and Security
- Adding more new access control systems( like the one used at Arnold Hall)
- Brining in an outside consultant to see what type of changes need to be made to security at SCAD
- Outside will have a fresh prospective
Men’s and Women’s Rad Classes are offered at SCAD
Students should be vigilant around major holidays that bring in a lot of tourists
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Savannah population: 130,000 during St. Patrick’s Day: over one million
- Be aware of your surroundings
Interactive Crime Map of city located on the Savannah Police Website
- Reports everything from petty theft to homicides
- Shuttles that travel around the historic district for safe transportation
- Only $3!
- Bikes must follow the rules of the road (that means bikers are equivalent to cars, buses, vans, semis, etc.).
- Helmets are not mandatory for people over 16, but highly recommended.
- Bike lanes are located on Price and Habersham
- Safest place for biking: squares
- Parking is difficult, mandated by the city
- Alternative methods: walking, biking, Vespa
- Rented parking lot at local church in walking distance from Arnold on 38th & Bull s.t
- Development of Montgomery bus route and shuttle service to that area once the dorm is completed
- New buses coming soon!
- Portfolio Review, March 1st from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Volunteers in place
- Need students to sign-up
- Professors are ready and excited to come!
- Cultural event on Friday, February 22nd from 2 to 4 p.m. – Rep. of ISA and International Students
- Architectural Exhibit held at Fahm, March 9th- Rep. of Graduate Students
- Discussed speakers and events for spring quarter
- Design Group
- Sidewalk Arts Festival
- Sand Arts Festival
- Group event
- End of the Year Luncheon
Categories : Meeting Summary