February 28th, 2013 by Torri Sankey
The Jack and Jill project was our first group project. We had to reinterpret the nursery rhyme Jack and Jill and then illustrate it. We could only use images from this sheet we got from out teacher. So our group first combined our story ideas to create a new story. Then we designed our pictures. Everybody contributed on what we wanted in our pictures and in making the pictures.
Working in a group was interesting for me. It was convenient because my group members could help me expand my ideas. I didn’t however like having to compromise. I do feel my overall project was better as a group than it would have been by myself.
This is our final product
Some things said about our project in critique:
- The story line was not obvious to everyone. However it still worked out because everyone could see a story just not the story intended.
- Having a flag and a crown was confusing due to there symbols.
- Jack is not clearly represented because of the picture change.
- Craftsmanship could have been better. It caused distractions.
- The total composition could have tied together a little better, with keeping the boldness black objects though out the story.
- The fourth panel is to different. Its distracting.
Other pictures concerning the making of this project can be found at https://blog.scad.edu/bsegal20/2013/02/26/making-a-collaborative-story/