If you would like to record audio to go with a PowerPoint presentation and then upload the presentation into Adobe Connect for a meeting or training, your best option is to use Adobe Presenter. Presenter is a PowerPoint plug-in that should be installed on all SCAD staff and faculty PC machines (please note that Presenter is only available on PC not MACS, if you have a need to record audio from a MAC please contact the Technology Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Once you have prepared your PowerPoint slides and are ready to record the audio, click on the Adobe Presenter tab.
2. You will then click the Record button in Audio group. You will see a prompt to test your microphone recording levels. You should go through this step to make sure your microphone is working and the optimize your recording sound.
3. Next, you will see the recording window. To record the audio for the current slide just click on the red record button.
4. When you have finished recording for that slide, click on the Stop Recording button.
5. When you are ready to record for the next slide, click the next button and repeat the process.
You can go back to any slide and redo the recording for that slide at any time. Once you have completed the recording, you will need to publish the presentation to Adobe Connect. This will publish to your content folder in Connect (you must have attended a Connect training session and have meeting creation rights in Connect to have a content folder). Below are the steps for publishing the presentation.
1. Go back to the Adobe Presenter tab and click on the Publish button in the Presentation group.
2. In the Publish Presentation window, you will need to select the left tab that reads Adobe Connect Pro.
3. If your Server name does not say SCAD Connect, you will need to add the server. To do that click on the edit servers button. Then click Add on the next window.
4. In the Add Server window enter the following information then click OK:
Name: SCAD Connect
5. Once the SCAD Connect server is selected on the Publish window, click Publish.
6. You will see a status bar as the presentation begins to publish. After it has processed, you will be prompted to log into Connect. You will need to login with your network user name and password.
7. Upon logging in, you will be taken directly to your Connect content folder (it knows your folder based on your login), click on the Publish to This Folder button.
8. You will then need to complete the information for the presentation. The Title is the only required field to be completed (It will automatically populate with the file name), all others are optional. Once you have put in the information click on the Next button.
9. On the next screen, click Finish.
10. The presentation will publish and you will receive a prompt that your presentation has published successfully.
Your presentation is now accessible in Connect under the Content menu.