If you need to recover a deleted email, you have up to five weeks to recover it from within your email. In the first seven days after deletion, you can recover it directly from you trash folder. Emails are deleted out of your trash folder after seven days.
Please note: Trash folders are not backed up. This means if there is a problem with the email system and email has to be recovered, items in the trash folder cannot be recovered.
To recover an item from you trash:
1. Click on your trash folder on the left, then look in the mail window to find the message
2. You can then move the message back to your inbox or any other folder that you would like to place it in. You can do this by clicking and dragging the message or by selecting the message and using the move button on the mail toolbar.
3. Once an item has been deleted from the trash folder, you still have another recovery option for 30 more days. To use this option, right-click on your trash folder and select Recover Deleted Items.
4. Once you select the Recover Deleted Items option, you will see a recovery window. Scroll through the items and select the item you would like to recover. Then click the Recover To button.
5. You will then select the folder that you would like the email to be sent to and click Ok. Your email will be moved to the selected folder.