Have you ever needed to look at two Word documents side by side and couldn’t figure out a good way to do this? Word has a built-in feature that allows you to easily view two Word documents side by side and even have synchronous scrolling (when you scroll in one document it scrolls in the other). Follow these easy steps to set-up your side by side viewing.
- First, open the two documents that you would like to view side by side.
- With one of the documents on the screen, go to the View Tab and click on the View Side by Side button in the Window group.
- If you only have the two windows open, they will automatically be placed beside one another and synchronous scrolling will be activated.
- If you have more than one other document opened, you will be prompted to select the other document you would like to see side by side.
- When you are done with this view just close one of the documents and the other will appear full screen.