If you are at home or traveling and need to get a file that is on your Home or Shares Drives, you can use MyFile. MyFile allows you to use an FTP client to access those drives. You will have the ability to download files that are currently stored on your network drives or to upload files to those locations.
LOG INTO MY FILE
- Go to myfile.scad.edu.
- Click on the link to log into MyFile (Please use the MyFile Beta link).
- An Authentication Required window will appear.
- Enter User Name or Name. (ex: lwilso31 or lwilson)
- Enter Password. (the password used to log onto campus computers)
- Click OK or Login.
- Once you login the FTP client will load.
- To access the your files, click on the plus next to the I-Drive folder or double click on the folder.
- You will then click on the plus sign folder next to your location (Savannah, Atlanta, or Hong Kong.) If you are in Lacoste you will use your campus location before you left for Lacsote. If you are trying to access a folder that is typically under a different location shares drive, you will need to select that location name (ex. Savannah employee accessing something that is typically under the Atlanta shares drive, will need to select Atlanta).
- You will then continue to select the folder for the item you are trying to access.
- If you are trying to access your Home space, you will first need to select Home and then the Employee or Student folder.
- Once you have reached the final folder with your SCAD user name, please click on the folder and the files will appear in the large window on right-hand side.
- To open a file from your home, shares or other folders, once they are listed, you will only need to Double click on the file.
- Once you have the file open, you have the option to save the file to the local drive of the computer you are currently using.
- You also have the option to download the file by selecting the file and then clicking the download button from the toolbar at the top.
- If you would like to upload a file to one of your network drives (whether it’s an edited version of the file you downloaded or a new file), select the drive location where you would like the file to be stored and then select the Upload button and From My Computer
- You would then select Browse for an item on your computer, or you could simply drag and drop files in the window (you could do more than one file at a time if you were sending it the same network storage location).
- Once you have selected your files, select the Send button and your items will be sent to your network storage location and will be available for download through MyFile or on your network drives the next time access your network drives on campus.