Did you know that Faculty and Staff have 2 GB of file storage through SCAD Web Space? You can activate your web space by going to the My Info tab in MySCAD and clicking on the Web Space Activation link under the My Personal Info channel, read the acceptable use policy and click on the Create Web Space button. One activated your space will be ready to use in approximately one hour! You will see the URL for your page on the activation site. To log into your site go to http://employeepages.scad.edu and log in with your network user name and password. Once logged in you can upload files to store in the webspace or upload a website under the web_pages folder by using the FTP client. If you need more information on how to use your SCAD web space email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are currently browsing the monthly archive for August 2009.
If you have been frustrated with the new default line spacing in Word 2007 below are the instructions to set your default back to the normal single-spaced format:
1. On the Home Tab click on the Line Spacing button in the Paragraph group.
2. Then select Line Spacing Options
3. Under the spacing category change the line spacing to single and make sure both the Before and After options are set to 0 pt.
4. Then click on the Default button at the bottom of the window.
5. When the Warning window appears select Yes.
6. Then select OK from the Paragraph window.
This will set your default line spacing back to the normal single-spacing that was the default in Office 2003.
Sharing calendars through webmail will be much easier with the change to the Zimbra webmail product. Follow the steps below to share your calendar through webmail.
1. Click on the Calendar Tab
2. Right click on Calendar in the left-hand navigation
3. Select Share Calendar
4. When the window appears type the name of the person you would like to share your calendar with and select when name appears.
5. Then set their roles and select OK.
The person you gave access to will receive an email asking them to Accept or Deny the Share request. Once they have accepted the calendar will show up in their list of calendars.