The 12th consecutive annual celebration in Savannah Earth Day will begin at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 19th at Forsyth Park. Events include:
RecycleRama (8 – 11 a.m.),
Earth Day 5K Run (9 a.m.)
Earth Day Festival (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.).
Savannah Wheelie Earth Day Bike Ride (3 p.m.)
- Live Oak Exhibition Alley with information and giveaways to make households more energy and water efficient.
- Green Bistro: more than 15 food vendors preparing tasty delights using local produce.
- Frees classes on Kitchen Composting, Rain Barrel assembly, and Native Landscaping
- Live Reptile and Bird Exhibit
- Coast Guard Helicopter
- Music and Entertainment featuring the Cajun band Feufollet from Louisiana.
For more information, visit the Earth Day Savannah Web site.