So we had our first critique on Monday. I must say that I was cocky in thinking that just become I’m an actor, that I could take critique better than anyone else. In the Theatre World, you are critiqued 24/7 based off your talent. But in truth It was hard to hear someone not like your initial design that you’d worked on for days. I didn’t care for the tact or lack of that peers used when critiquing, but giving constructive feedback isn’t everyones forte. Out of my four designs, the one which received the most critique was the curve lines design:
1. Calm feeling, but disproportion
2. Curves don’t match each other
3. The curves don’t present a connection to each other. There’s no relationship being presented
4. The negative space dominates the design.
5. Doesn’t satisfy the requirement of Subdividing.
As a result of the those critiques (in which I completely agreed with) Here is my re-do design of curve lines: I hope by using the white space more efficiently that this new design creates a since of connection with the curves. It’s also my hope that the subdivision is better exucuted then before.
Re-Design Curve Lines