What is Serve?
- SERVE is SCAD’s volunteer organization. We go to various locations each weekend to volunteer in the community.
Where do I sign up?
- From our blog, click on the ‘SIGN UP’ page where you will see a list of the upcoming events. Click on the link(s) for the event(s) you want to sign up for and fill out the corresponding form(s) that will pop up!
When do I sign up?
- Sign-ups are always on MONDAYS.
If we have a meeting:
- Come to the meeting at 9 pm to get the first chance to sign up!
- If you miss the meeting, you can sign up at 10:30 pm online.
If we do not have a meeting:
- Sign-ups begin at 9 pm online.
How many volunteers can go?
Each event has a max number:
- H.E.Art – 12
- Habitat for Humanity – 10-15
- Kids Café – 20
- Pet Project – 15-18
- Special Events – Changes for each event
Where does SERVE meet for events?
- H.E.Art, Kids Café, Pet Project, and sometimes Special Events meet at the Student Center on the first floor. Habitat for Humanity meets at Eichberg Hall, Arch #14.
- Check the calendar to confirm. When you sign up, you will also get an email from the coordinator and receive more specific information regarding meeting place, time, and what you will be doing at the event.
When are the general meetings?
- 9 pm on (select) Mondays
Do you have a meeting every Monday?
- No. Check the calendar posted on the blog to see what specific Mondays we have meetings.
Where are the meetings?
- Coffee Shop at the Hive
I clicked on the link to sign up but a page comes up saying that the form is no longer accepting responses. What does this mean?
- The event is full if this message comes up. Remember that sign-ups are on Mondays and most of the events fill up extremely quickly.
Why does sign up fill so quickly?
- A lot of volunteers sign up at the meetings to get the first spots.
How do I know that my sign-up is confirmed?
- You should get an email from the coordinator for the event which will confirm your sign-up. If you don’t receive this email, contact us at email@example.com for more information.
What is the purpose of the t-shirts?
- Each volunteer gets a SERVE t-shirt the first time they volunteer with us. At each event, volunteers get a stamp on the back of the t-shirt. At the end of the quarter, we give out prizes/gifts to the volunteers with the most stamps!
What if I cannot go to the event I signed up for?
- It is important to email or call the coordinator ahead of time if you cannot make an event so we can contact other interested volunteers in time. We try to fill all the spots in our events every week.