Great news! SCAD Libraries have just acquired access to 130+ streaming videos via the the Films on Demand database. This company produces educational videos on a wide range of art-related topics, such as architecture, fashion, art history, theater and performance, photography, and filmmaking; but also fiction, poetry, writing, the sciences, politics, U.S. and world history, and much more. Titles range in length from 15 minutes to an hour and make great information sources for research papers and projects.
A few features about this database that are really cool:
- Films are broken up into short segments of 2-4 minutes, so it’s easy to jump to different areas or show a brief segment for a class
- Share videos by email and cut and paste video URLs into documents and presentations
- Create a personal account to “favorite” your films
- Create a playlist of segments from many different films
- You can search the database by video or segment title. For example, you can find segments about “color” from all videos in SCAD’s streaming collection
Ready to get started? Head to our Libraries’ Databases page and look for Films On Demand. Or view any of the individual titles below (login required).
Bauhaus: The Face of the 20th Century
Cutting Their Own Cloth: Entrepreneurial Clothing Designers
Fractals: The Colors of Infinity
Intelligence, Creativity and Thinking Styles
The Players: Costumes and Makeup
The Walls of Mexico: Art and Architecture
Watch What You Say: Free Speech in Times of National Crisis