The Grid project was a very interesting project for me. I made some interesting motif layouts but the one that did the most for me was an oval with another oval. This produced a Motif that resembled a Leopard like print which I though was quite interesting. I decided to put this Motif in the bottom right corner of each Grid, looking back on this choice it may not have been the best design choice since it hindered my overall design. I made five different design options and there were only one or two that I really thought would look good.
Out of all of these designs I think the first, and the third design show the most potential. In the end I decided to go with the First design. Below is the design glued to the tracing paper.
I then had to make three different inking plans for my final design, I had the option of using steadtler pens or India Ink. I decided to use pen for these layouts since I would be using the India Ink on my final design.
In the end I ended up going with the third Layout of motifs because It looked like a really cool pattern in my mind, and I thought it would work well.
It would seem that other people did not like my design choice as much as I did based on my critique notes. Some of the problems people saw were: Poor Craftsmanship, Lack of creativity, people thought there was no need for the white border I included, and they wished that my focal point had a little more contrast.
This being said I think I could have choose a different motif or at least motif placement to make a more powerful design. I liked this project more than the previous project because it felt more creatively charged.