Building Trust/ Lessening Apprehension in the Community When Working on a Public Art/ Design for Social Change Project
(click to enlarge)
- Define public art/ design for social change
- Forms of distrust/ apprehension that we encountered during the various stages of the project,
- What makes people apprehensive (social context, previous experience, not understanding art, more pressing problems to solve, is there anything in art/ artists/ graphic design that makes people apprehensive etc.)
- How is trust established?
- What we did for the 400lb Baby project, what worked, what did not work
- Analyze the process, compare with other projects, give recommendations
- Public art involves publicly shared spaces, who are the stakeholders, how do they interact, what are they concerned about?
viii.Different types of communication with the different stakeholders?
- What tools has Graphic Design that can be helpful when building trust:
2.The Power to engage
3.Visual Communication – a picture is worth a thousand words
4.Seeing patters/ relationships
5.Introducing a sense of wonder
6.Make things visible, attract attention
8.“Provide plausible theories for change”