In the first part of this assignment we were asked to create a new shape by taking one and taking a chunk out of it with another. Then we were asked to choose one out of the 75 that we had done. Once we chose “the one” we played around with it on a grid to figure out the exact placement that we preferred. Then we used copies of that and played around with them on a grid. I decided on a design that had lots of variety and almost all of the subgroups created different negative and postitive space when I got to the inking. During the critique my piece got an array of reviews. A lot said the focal point was not obvious but most liked that it kept your eye moving. They said my motif was very simple (which it is) but it works because there is so much variety. Some even said it might’ve been interesting to see what could’ve been done with 100 tiles instead of 25. Overall I really enjoyed the project. All of the steps kept me on my toes and guessing what the end result would be. Even though the actual inking was annoying and tedious, I’m pretty pleased with my finished design.