No Comments »
This assignment is all about writing the rules of a game. Here goes!
- Use Kinect to configure player
- The Kinect sensor will be utilized for input in various gameplay
- Speed of gesture affects the speed of the action (i.e. player swings hand faster hits the ball faster, etc.)
- Any movement done by the player is mirrored in the game
- Rallyball: A setup of blocks and targets in a stadium like atmosphere. Third-person view looking at the avatar. Smash as many blocks as possible within the time limit. There are 3 levels. First level is 5 layers of a 2×3 grid. Second level has 2 layers of 3×3 grid. Third level has 3 layers of 4×4 grid
- Rallyball: Smash all the blocks, serve with either hand, block the ball with your body, hit the ball hard to use Fire Ball, hit the rallyball for extra pins, and play side-by-side with a friend
- Each game has coins to collect, the more collected the higher the score. The higher the score, the better the grade (bronze, silver, gold)
- Smash as many blocks as possible before the Time runs about. If you have time left over you get bonus points.
- Only the movement of body allows the game to occur
- Every part of the body is usable to play the game
- Game is paused when the player leaves the space
- Each player has to make big gestures to move the character in a direction, to perform an action and to complete a task shown on screen.
- Positioning in a 45 degree angle brings up the menu that allows the player to select options, ‘leave game’ settings or ‘return to game’ settings
- Gesture one hand in front to indicate the cursor (the cursor activates as an action made by the player)
- Gesture to an action shown on screen to execute it