Luminis Platform 5 Architecture
The presenter went through this in a lot more detail, but let me give you the key thinsgs.
- Java 1.6 (they are trying to stay with an up-to-date Java now)
- Tomcat is the app server
- All implementation will be parallel deployment even if they only have one node. They’re using the TerraCotta project to keep JVMs in sync.
- The administration will be done on a standalone Web App and will use flex components instead of HTML.
- Configuration will take advantage of JMX and that couple with TerraCotte will allow for configuration changes without restarts.
- The platform will be using the following libraries Spring, Hibernate, Apache CXF, Jackrabbit (a lightweight CMS). They’ve been testing with MySQL and Hypersonic in addition to Oracle because of the use the Hibernate ORM library and JPA.
- Channel development will need to be JSR 168/286 – no more uPortal style Java channels.
- Channels will also make use of RESTful Web Services coupled with Flex or AJAX – and we already know how to do this.
- Liferay is the underlying portal structure.
- CAS will be the baseline authentication.
- CPIP will be deprecated but GCF is not.
- GA release is targeted for early 2010.
There’s more I could write about this one, but that’s enough for now.