Our Map Project was based around process. It was revealed to us in two parts over one week time. First we were to find a map, any map, and ultimately destroy it. The process was to me documented. Keep in mind we didn’t quite know where this was going yet… Part two’s objective was to look for a creative meaning or possibility for your recently tattered (or more) map. Then using a new map create yoyu best idea or inspiration.
Thoughts: Different from other projects thus far it was great to use different materials to produce something new and unique. By the end, ideas of process and creative thought were accomplished. I appreciated this project and learned a lot from it, but I didn’t feel my final product was exactly what I had originally intended. I am happy with it over all but it took on a feeling much different than what I anticipated.
Below are my images and written documentation for the duration of the assignment.
Critique: People seemed to like my idea and representation. The melting of the army men to stick instead of glue was creative, good thinking. The ink I used could have dried better before submission but over all it seemed a success.
This is the written documentation for my process.
Process: Below are my pictures from beginning to end. My apologies for the thumbnails being upside down I tried everything to fix them on this Blog but they down seem to want to cooperate, again sorry.