So, in class we were assigned a project to do whatever we wanted to a map. When I say anything, I mean ANYTHING. After doing whatever we wanted, we had to make something out of it. In my case, this project was difficult for me. There was no direction and no rights or wrongs of this project. This is hard for me because I am used to being told what to do and what not to do. Because of this, I was skeptical on what to do. I played it a little safe and just cut up my map in different shapes and sizes and crumbled it up a few times. I wanted to burn parts of it, but I am a very paranoid person and was scared I was going to burn my apartment down (silly, I know). After I cut up the pieces, I put some together and noticed that some pieces made pretty flowers. I really liked the way it came out of the map. I wasn’t quite sure where to go from there. I was under the impression that we could only use our map in the project. I wasn’t sure if we could use other pieces. I really wanted to use the flowers and glue them to sticks and put them in a painted mason jar that I had. Instead, I glued them down in a group and added pieces around it to make it into something more than just flowers on a page. During critique, Professor Waldvogel liked my mason jar idea better and said the pieces around the flowers did not work as well as planned. Another person said it was interesting because I said I was scared of fire, but it reminded him of fireworks. I loved making the flowers and wish I would have done something more with them. Overall though, I did enjoy completing portions of the project.