WE WANT YOU!
We’ll be holding elections for our 2012—2013 executive and representative boards* at our general meeting on Wednesday May 16th, 4:40pm, room TBD. All positions, but presidency, are open.
All nominees must fill out and turn in their forms before 5pm on Monday May 14th. You can either email your form to email@example.com or drop it off in the folder outside Prof. Vivian Majkowski’s office. (408)
Get involved! And be part of the group that’s behind yearly events such as:
The Studio Season
(Sexual Perversity in Chicago, Stop Kiss, Before it Hits Home.)
48 Hour Play Festival
Benefits like Stop Kiss
The Ovation Awards
* To be eligible for the Executive Board you must be an MPRA or PROD major. To be eligible for the Representative Board you must be an MPRA or PROD major/minor.
To be eligible for an office in 3rd Act’s representative board you must be and MPRA or PROD major/minor. The Representative Board supports and aids the 3rd Act Executive Board in all 3rd Act activities and decision. They also serve as the liaison between 3rd Act and their classes.
The Representative Board meets, alongside the Executive Board, twice a month, Fridays at 8:00am in Crites Room, 012
- Liaison between 3rd Act and the Performing Arts MFA cohort.
2. SENIOR REP.
- Liaison between 3rd Act and the Performing Arts Senior class.
3. JUNIOR REP. (2)
- Liaison between 3rd Act and the Performing Arts Junior class.
4. SOPHOMORE REP. (2)
- Liaison between 3rd Act and the Performing Arts Sophomore Class.
5. FRESHMEN REP. (2)
- Liaison between 3rd Act and the Performing Arts Freshmen Class.
6. PRODUCTION DESIGN REP. (3 )
- Liaison between 3rd Act and the Production Design class.
- One for each concentration: Scenic, Lighting, and Costume
To be eligible for an executive board office you must be an MPRA or PROD major. The 3rd Act Executive Board meets on a weekly basis, Fridays at 8:00am in Crites Room 012.
- Chairs meetings in the absence of the President.
- Assume all powers and duties of the President in the absence of the President.
- Serve as the performing arts student representative to the Season Planning Committee
- Collect and organize all submissions and materials regarding the Performing Arts Studio Season
- Open and close all meetings
- In second year of functions the Vice President assumes Presidency.
- Prepare an annual budget allocation to be submitted to ICC
- Regulate incoming and outgoing funds
- Keep a ldeger of the organization’s expenditures
- Reserve all spaces necessary for meetings, special events and otehr 3rd Act gatherings.
- To record and distribute minutes of all general and special meetings in a timely manner
- Keep and maintain records of all communication within the board during meetings and through email communication
- Maintain and update a distribution list for the executive board
- Upload minutes and other club documents on a monthly basis to the organization’s hard drive
- Maintains attendance and tardiness records of all officers at all meetings.
- Serve as the historian of the club
- Maintain complete and accurate records illustrating all of the club’s activities
- Takes and collects photos to create an image database.
- Maintain the organizations hard drive’s contents and distribution.
5. ICC LIAISON
- Maintain consistent communication between ICC and 3rd Act
- Attend all ICC Meetings
- Serve as the club ambassador to other student organizations.
6. ADVERTISING EXECUTIVE
- Serve as the director of publicity for 3rd Act
- Manages, maintains and distributes incoming and outgoing emails send to the club email account.
- Maintains and updates all social network accounts including but not limited to: facebook, twitter, tumblr, and the 3rd Act blog.
- Creates, executes and distributes all publicity materials.