Archive for January, 2012
Your play MUST:
• Be approx 10-min. long (limit is 10pp).
• Use 3 to 5 actors.
• Be set in, on, or near water.
• Have a secret that is revealed.
• Use the line: “I have always relied on the kindness of strangers.”*
* From A Streetcar Named Desire
Instructions to submit:
• Deadline is Friday at 7pm.
• Email your script as a PDF or Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In your email, include your name, phone number, and title of your play.
• On the script itself, do NOT include
your name (judging will be anonymous).
Keep in mind:
• Scenic elements will be very minimal.
• Costuming will be from actors’ closets.
• Lines must be memorized overnight (hold off on those 3-page monologues).
On Friday night, five plays will be chosen by a panel of student-faculty judges. If your play is among them, you will be contacted by email at that time. You are encouraged to attend rehearsal, beginning at 8am on Saturday. The show goes up Saturday – two performances, 7pm and 9pm – in the Mondanaro Theater in Crites Hall.
Check 3rd Act’s Facebook page for updates & pics throughout the weekend!
48 Hour Theater will be auditioning tonight and tomorrow for its actor pool. Auditions will be held in Crites room 013 and 014 from 5pm till 10 pm. If interested, all you have to do is present a monologue of your choosing and fill out the audition form. Break a leg!