2013-2014 Budget Allocations
Student Club Budget Allocations will occur once for the entire academic year. Student club representatives should determine the potential events and activities they would like to hold for the year and estimate the amount of money they wish to request to support these ideas. Clubs are not required to participate in the Student Club Budget Allocation Process. If you are interested in participating in this process, please review the following guidelines.
Budget Allocation Due Date: Thursday, October 3, 2013 by 5:00 p.m.
Budget Request Process
- Have at least one representative attend a Budget Allocation Prep Session. At this meeting, each club will receive the Budget Allocation Application packet and will receive a detailed overview of the process. Attendance is mandatory to participate in the Budget Allocation Process.
- Determine how much money your club would like to request to operate for the year (fall, winter and spring quarters).
- Complete the Budget Allocation Application and attach all supporting documents. Submit this packet to the office of student involvement by Thursday, October 3 by 5:00pm. No packets will be accepted after this date and time.
Budget Allocation Application Packet
Each student club requesting funds must submit a Budget Allocation Application along with a packet of supporting documentation stating justification for funding of the group, and budgetary explanations.
In addition to the completed two-page application, the following documentation should be included in the proposal:
- Detailed line item explanations of how money will be spent (using summary sheet as a guide).
- Documentation of arrangements that have been or will be made (i.e. travel reservations, space reservations, quotes for supplies or services, copies of invoices, e-mail correspondence, fliers, samples, etc. ) to validate request.
- Explanation of how this event/request meets the mission of SCAD and purpose of your club.
- Description of how many students will benefit from your event/request.
- Description of additional funding sources that will be used to supplement your efforts (i.e. fundraising, donation requests, voluntary donations from members, etc.).
The proposal should be stapled with the club’s name clearly labeled on the front. Please do not include a binder or presentation cover with your packet.
Clubs participating in the Budget Allocation Process will be eligible to request funds based on their club’s tier.
- Registered Clubs will be eligible to receive a maximum of $800.
- Professional Clubs will be eligible to receive a maximum of $2,500.
Proposals requesting more than the maximum amount will not be considered.