· You attend the Savannah College of Art and Design, SCAD
· Your year in school
· When did you graduate from the school you are visiting?
Or, if you didn’t graduate from there, when did you attend?
Share your purpose for visiting.
You are enjoying SCAD and you want to encourage other students
to consider it.
Where is SCAD?
· Savannah and Atlanta, Ga. and Hong Kong. Off-campus location
in Lacoste, France. Online through eLearning.
· The Savannah location is at the northernmost point of the Georgia
· Savannah is 20 minutes from the beach, two hours from
Jacksonville, Fla., two hours from Charleston, S.C., and four hours
· The Atlanta campus is located in the city’s thriving Midtown area.
· Atlanta is one of the three U.S. cities with the most Fortune 500
· SCAD recently transformed the historic former North Kowloon
Magistracy building into the premier center for the study of digital
media in Asia.
· In addition to Cantonese, English is an official language of Hong
Kong. All SCAD classes are taught in English.
· Classes are also available online.
What kinds of degrees does SCAD offer?
· SCAD is “The University for Creative Careers.”
· B.A……………….Bachelor of Arts
· B.F.A……………Bachelor of Fine Arts
· M.A………………Master of Arts
· M.A.T……………Master of Arts in Teaching
· M.Arch………..Master of Architecture
· M.F.A……………Master of Fine Arts
· M.U.D…………..Master of Urban Design
Is SCAD accredited?
· SCAD is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
· The architecture program is accredited by the National
Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB).
· The Master of Arts in Teaching program is accredited by the
Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
· The Interior Design Program is accredited by the Council for
Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA).
Does SCAD offer scholarships?
SCAD offers a variety of scholarships based on academic, artistic or
combined honors, and some need-based scholarships.
Tell them about your experience.
· What is your favorite thing about SCAD?
· What are you studying?
· What kinds of classes are you taking? (Don’t forget to mention
liberal arts and foundation studies.)
· What is your homework like?
· What does it take to be successful at SCAD?
· What are your career goals?
· What kinds of extracurricular activities are you involved in?
· What events have you attended?
· Did you submit a portfolio when you applied? What was in it?
· Did you write a Statement of Purpose, or application essay? If so,
what did you write about?
· What is campus housing like?
· What is the food like?
· Invite the students to visit SCAD.
· SCAD Day in Savannah is Jan. 12 and Feb. 16, 2013.
· SCAD Day in Atlanta is Jan. 26 and Mar. 2, 2013.
· SCAD Day in Hong Kong is Jan. 26, 2013.
· College tours in Savannah are Monday-Saturday, 9:30 a.m. and
2 p.m. College tours in Atlanta are Monday-Saturday at 11 a.m.
College tours in Hong Kong are by appointment only.
· Design your Day (Atlanta/Savannah): contact an admission
representative at least seven days in advance if you want to sit in
on a class or have lunch with a student when you visit. Students
may also request to Skype or email a Student Ambassador.
· Information sessions around the world
· Summer programs in Savannah: Pre-college: Rising Star, SCAD
Summer Seminars, Art Smarts, Art Educators’ Forum Summer
· Summer programs in Atlanta: SCAD Summer Seminars, Art
Smarts, Educator Summer Seminars, Advanced Placement
· Summer programs in Hong Kong: Teen Workshops, Educator
Workshops, Advanced Placement Institute
… tell the students about your experience at SCAD.
… feel free to show admission videos that are available online during
… feel free to bring samples of your work to share.
… provide contact information for the admission department.
… take notes on questions you can’t answer.
… give your info packet to the instructors.
… direct students to the website if they would like more information.
… fill out the visit report form and return it to the admission
department by Jan. 11, 2013.
… recommend that students apply online. Application fees are $35
online and $70 on paper.
… try to answer admission questions.
… try to give statistics; these change all the time, and you may not
know the most up-to-date numbers.
… make up answers; it is always better to say, “I don’t know, but I’ll
… feel like you have to answer personal questions, like “How much
was your scholarship?”
… accept admission applications from students; they should mail
them to SCAD or apply online.
… take a list of students who are interested in hearing from SCAD.
Instead, please direct them to the request info button on our
website. This is the fastest way to get materials to them.
· If you have questions about your presentation, contact Gabriela
LaRosa in Savannah at email@example.com or 912.525.7206, or
Jennifer Liu in Atlanta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.253.6814.
· If students have questions about SCAD, direct them to www.
scad.edu, 800.869.7223 for Savannah, 877.722.3285 for Atlanta,