CMPA 100 Survey of Computer Art Applications
• Elementary introduction to basic concept of web design and softwares.
GRDS 243 Digital Page and Web Graphics
• Web Foundation in Client-side languages – Learning HTML & CSS (Software:: Dreamweaver) & currently Flash.
• Introduction to User Centered Design Process
• Digital Publications – Introduction to DPS (Software:: InDesign) near future
Website plan containing user centered design methods (Research, Sitemap, Wireframes, Visual Design) , Website, Banner Ad Plan (Research and Storyboard), Banner Ad, and digital publication (near future)
GRDS 384 Web Design
• Focusing on User Center Design Process and Methodologies
• Introduction, process and implementation of CMS in web development. Use of WordPress
Website Plan based on advanced User-Centered Design practices (Research, Personas, Sitemap, Wireframes, Usability Test, and Visual Design), team implementation of website using advanced functionality in current web design), WordPress Plan (creating some of the artifacts from the first project but adding necessary elements for CMS strategy), WordPress website implementation.
GRDS 385 Responsive Design for Flexible Layouts
• Research and understand the advantages and disadvantages of implementing a responsive design.
• Discover new methods of User Experience that is applied to flexible design.
• Strategize, create designs and implement UI’s and strategies for various screen formats.
Research to discover what Responsive design is and the challenges and advantages it presents. Learn necessary language and techniques to implement responsive design (HTML5, CSS3, Flexible Web Typography & jQuery)
GRDS 387 Interface Design
• Research current interface practices and functionality
• Clarification of the differences between Native vs. web apps
• Planning for a web app. Differences in design decisions made when creating an app.
• Implementation/Prototype of mobile app using jQuery Mobile
Research to discover the similarities and differences in mobile interface design. Discoveries and direction through Scenarios, Storyboard, Flow Diagram, Paper Prototype and Usability Test, Visual Designs and Implementation of Mobile app prototype
GRDS 783 User Experience Theory
• Readings, research and study of User Center Design Rules
• Researching interface uses within environmental, product, media, website and app user interfaces.
• Study and implement user center design methodologies and practices.
• Applying studies to selected current media options.
• Focus on user experience methodology and not implementations.
Digital Research Journal – Discover, Review, Collect, and Evaluate - Discover varied types of Digital Implementations and Uses, Existing UI Recommendations & Documentation – Analyze and make recommendations for an improved UI - Pattern Library, Aggregate Project – Discovery, Define, Test and Iterate/Refine – Through Storytelling, Flows ,Paper Prototype, Test, Refine, Style Tiles; Digital Interest Presentations – Formal Presentation
GRDS 784 User Experience Practice
• Reading, research and present on current technology options
• Research and evaluate current UI’s within the spectrum of the User Experience Discipline – Kiosk, app, websites, digital environments, products etc
• Define interests and responsibilities of the cross-disciplinary skills and knowledge of a given digital project.
• Currently emphasizing Responsive Web Design planning, consideration and implementation.
Group Project - Project Management and Documentation Project Plan – Tasks, Deliverables, Status and Communications. Planning & Evaluations – Statement of Work :: Discover/Sketch – Define Scope through User Stories, Research – Client Business, Competitors, Goals of the Project, Thoughts, Sketches, Ideas in connection with requirements. Stepped Design Methods & Development :: Text Design/Content Inventory – HTML format with no style applied, Prototype/ Iterations (HTML & CSS), Break Point Graph, Test(s), Visual Design/ Iterations – Photoshop, InDesign (fluid grids), Fireworks, and/or HTML with Web Fonts, Final Implementation – Develop Design Strategy. Technical Presentations – Each Student will formally present one of the technical topics, demo and exercise.