February 26, 2013 | Comments Off
The SCAD Graduate Mentor Program is in need of talented graduate students with excellent time management skills as well as expertise in major areas of study.
We need students who will continue at SCAD through at least Winter 2014. Graduate Students also need a GPA of 3.5 or better to be considered. This is a great job for any Graduate Student interested in, and with an aptitude for, teaching!
For additional information and an application visit MySCAD à Resources à Graduate Mentor Program.
- Mentors work with both graduate and undergraduate students on an individualized basis.
- Mentors help them to develop necessary working relationships.
- Mentors teach students to effectively use college resources.
In addition to helping academically, Graduate Mentors also:
- Provide direction and advice on goal setting,
- Coordinate a team approach to the educational process
- And Teach specific success strategies like:
- Time management,
- And Self-advocating
Caseloads, Hours, and Pay
- Mentors may work with one or more students (depending on their available time).
- Mentors work with students an average of 3 to 4 hours per week (depending on their needs).
- Mentors will receive $12/hour for mentoring and training
Please send the student names and student ID numbers to