Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show DESIGN CONTEST! December 17, 2012Posted by SCAD Fashion Department in : Contest/Competition , trackback
Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show DESIGN CONTEST!
Students can submit photos of an originally designed runway-ready cotton outfit for a chance to have their design in the Cotton 24 Hour Runway Show in South Beach, Miami! Cotton Incorporated will select the 10 winning looks to be featured in the Cotton 24 Hour Runway Show as well as fly the designers of the winning garments to Miami for an all-expense paid trip to see their look on the runway!
To submit photos of the garment(s), students must be registered for Cotton University™. To register go to www.cottonuniversity.org (must be registered on the site as a “student” profile).
Once a student is on their Cotton University™ account they can then go to their profile page(click on their name by profile picture) where they will see an orange button on the right-”Apply now for Cotton’s 24 hour design contest” (this button only appears on “student” website profiles).
- You must be a student enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year college degree program to enter the contest
- Submitted entries must be photos of fully constructed/finished garments and looks
- Each garment must contain at least 60% cotton
- Entries must be an entire cotton look from head-to-toe (excluding shoes and accessories)
- No collaboration on garments
- Garment designs must relate to the theme: “Casual but cool weekend daywear/sportswear”
- Garment size requirements: Average male model size-(height 6’ 1.5”, waist 31, suit 40L, neck 15.5, and inseam 32.5). Average female model size-(2-4, and waist of 22” – 25”)
- Photos must be submitted before 12:00 p.m. ET on January 4, 2013 (up to 6 pictures per garment entry and each picture must be at least 450 pixels and not exceeding 5 MB per photo)
- All students entering the contest must have a faculty contact
*Please note we will accept an already constructed outfit from a class project or previous fashion show garment (that meets the criteria of the contest rules).
*Please note this design contest is separate from the Road To The Runway Style Search.
- (10) Grand Prize winners will not only see their garment walk down the runway (incredible national exposure for their design) but will also be flown to Miami, FL for an all-expense 3-day, 2-night trip with VIP Treatment at the Runway Show, a $500 AMEX® gift card….and much more!
*Please share this information with your students and university colleagues as we do not have their contact information. *
Email CottonUniversity@cottoninc.com with any questions. We can’t wait to see the student designs!
LEARN. CONNECT. GROW.