Fall Quarter Announcements September 19, 2012Posted by SCAD Fashion Department in : Design Resources , trackback
• The Atlanta Fashion Department is offering the following workshops as an aid in the creative process of exploring collection ideas. The first in the series will be offered on Fridays, beginning September 28th, 2012, from 10:00 am -2:00pm in 550C. Workshop descriptions will follow shortly, and the location will be determined this week and posted on blog.
9/28/12 – Fabric Dyeing
10/5/12 – Resist/Discharge Dyeing (aka…Surface Design)
10/12/12 – Stamping/Mono Printing
10/19/12 – Rust Dyeing
10/26/12 – Fused Silk/Wool
11/2/12 – Beading
11/9/12 – Fused Glass
• Those who are interested, please respond, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS and SENIORS- SCHOLARSHIPS and COMPETITIONS- KICK OFF MEETING
FRIDAY, SEPT 21, 2012- 2:00 p.m., CLASS 249
• Professor Bunin will be announcing the rules of the department scholarships and competitions. It is important you attend this initial meeting if you are interested in participating in any of the competitions. He will be presenting details for various scholarships (i.e. Geoffrey Beene, CFDA Teen Vogue, YMA Scholarship, NBAF Emerging Talent Scholarship, Liz Claiborne, Joe’s Black Book) ranging in scholarships from $3000.00 to $250000. The projects are wonderful portfolio builders and you must get started immediately and meet deadlines this FALL. There will be a sign up sheet at this first meeting for you to determine which scholarships you will be entering.
Red Carpet Green Dress Competition- KICK OFF MEETING
FRIDAY, SEPT 21, 2012- 1:00 p.m., CLASS 249
In its 4th year, Red Carpet Green Dress, is an international dress design contest started by Suzy Amis Cameron, environmental advocate and wife of Director James Cameron. The contest challenges student designers at SCAD and across the world to create an Oscar® worthy dress made entirely of sustainable materials. Professor Rachel Stone will be the faculty lead on this competition.
The winning design will be reveled on Oscar Night® at the 85th Academy Awards with an established actress wearing the design on the Red Carpet.
• Receive industry support and guidance from an established fashion designer to make the red
• Be supplied with the sustainable fabrics required to make their design in accordance with their
submission and within contest criteria
• Fly roundtrip to/from Los Angeles from the commercial airport located closest to the winner’s
home to spend three nights in Los Angeles, California
SCHOOL OF FASHION
• ALL SPRING and/or SUMMER PROJECTS should be picked up outside your recent professors doors by Friday, September 21st or the work will be thrown away.
• Color Printer in 255: TO BE USED FOR REQUIRED CLASS PROJECTS/ WORK. This printer is not to be used for personal or experimental purposes.
FASHION MARKETING and MANAGEMENT
• EXCITING FASM NEWS: FASM just acquired Visual Retailing (MockShop). Faculty will be trained this weekend and the students taking FASM 425 Visual Merchandising in Spring will learn how to use Mockshop.