JUNIORS, do you want to have one of your original designs produced in ALLIGATOR skin for FREE? January 20, 2012Posted by SCAD Fashion Department in : Design Resources, Scholarships and Contests , trackback
- Kick off date: Christy Plott Redd from American Tannery will present the project in class room space 249 in Atlanta on Wednesday, January 25, 2011 at 4:30 p.m. and in Savannah on Monday, January 30 at 4:30 p.m.
American Tanning and Leather Co. processes, tans and sells reptile hides, namely skins of alligator to Gucci, Chanel, Polo Ralph Lauren and Proenza Schouler to name a few. The company is located in Griffin, Georgia (approximately 45 minutes from Atlanta) and both campuses are invited to tour the tannery on February 24th.
- American Tanning and Leather Co. competition for both Atlanta and Savannah juniors in fashion design, FASM, or interior design
- DESIGN, CONCEPTUALIZE, and PRODUCE an alligator garment, accessory or home accessory.
- -1 student from each campus will “win” and have their item produced by American Tanning (free of charge to student, compliments of American Tanning
- Students could design a garment, clutch, day bag, belt, small furniture item, picture frame, pillow, desk accessories, etc.
- February 24, 2011- Open House for both campuses to visit Griffin tannery and meet with Christy (one on one) to discuss first design ideas and concepts
- Internal jury at SCAD to decide the 5 best designs by APRIL 27th to move forward to be judged by designer Gilles Mendel
- Winning design will be produced over the summer by American Tanning. Student winner will be announced in September and design will be unveiled in September after it has been produced in alligator skin.