NBAF Scholarship Upcoming Deadline: JAN 20th January 13, 2012Posted by SCAD Fashion Department in : Scholarships and Contests , trackback
Any student wishing to submit a design for NBAF must bring in the garment(s) to Prof Bunin by January 20th at NOON to be approved for entry.
Please have your Apparel Development/ Senior Collection Professor review your work first before taking to Professor Bunin.
Your student artist statement is due in Prof Bunin’s emailbox (email@example.com) by February 1st in .doc format with your name in file i.e. j_brown_NBAF.doc
If you do not have anyone to photograph your garment on a model, we will arrange a date with photographer to photograph all design submissions.
All work will be due in my office- photos, statement, garment(s) no later than February 15th.
The NBAF Scholarship award is open to students:
Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Meet the criteria set forth by the participating educational institution
- Possess leadership qualities in their personal life and professional aspirations
For this project, each applicant must:
- Submit complete package online, word document, with design image attached in high resolution (300+ dpi). Include a brief biography of yourself and current photograph (high resolution).
- Select one (1) design to create: day, evening or wild card.
- Design must be shown on a model or mannequin.
- Respond to all of the following questions: 1200 words maximum.
What is your design philosophy?
For your design choice, what prompted your selection?
Describe (in detail) your design elements, fabric, construction and
What or who influenced your decision to enter design school?
What are your career aspirations?
If you were selected to receive this award, how would you use the honorarium?
- If selected as a finalist, you will make a presentation in person to the selection panel. You will have 5 minutes to make a statement to the panel. The panel will have 10 minutes to ask questions and view your design.