Internships – What’s it all about? April 7, 2011Posted by SCAD Fashion Department in : Careers, Industry News, Local Sources, SCAD, SCAD - Student and Alumni Enterprise , trackback
In addition to all of the jobs and internship available on the College Central website.
There are two different types of internships:
1. For Academic Credit
- Concides with one quarter working about 10 – 15 hours per week
- Directly supervised by a professor in your department and given a grade based on the employer’s final evaluation
- Must be at least a junior (90 credit hours) and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher or in the MFA program
- Internships may be paid or unpaid, but are always education based
2. For Experience
- Not for course credit, so there are no time restrictions and they re not monitored by faculty
- An opportunity to gain experience in your major
If you would like to speak with someone about an internship, please contact your career advisor.
- Tiffany Horton