jump to navigation
Posted by SCAD Fashion Department in : Careers, Industry News, Manufacturers, Organizations and Associations, Textile Resources, Trade Shows, Trends , trackback
- Premiere Vision – 50,000 Fashion professionals descend on Paris twice a year to see the work of more than 700 companies represented at each edition of this textile show. In addition to the textile fair in the main halls, there is a leather fair called Cuir a Paris, a fair for independent textile designers called Indigo, and Modamont, a fair for accessories such as zippers, buttons, closures, embroidery, labels, ribbons, trims, and everything else you can imagine. Each of these fairs under the Premeire Vision group produce their own trend reports and online you can find an exhibitors list with contact details which will be helpful for you when you begin designing professionally or manage a fashion line.
- Pitti Imagine – An Italian trade conglomerate which organizes apparel shows for men, women, and children, the most famous of which is Pitti Uomo, the world’s premier menswear fair. Here is where the most notable Italian menswear companies and many prominent international designers present their collections to buyers from around the world. (Note: if you want to work in the Menswear industry in Europe, this is a great place to go to meet people and make contacts – or just look online to see the variety of companies available.) They have recently launched a womenswear fair, which was developed to show designer pre-collections and other brands that do not show on runways in Milan.
- Pure – The premier womenswear fair in London. The brands on display represent the middle to high end market . . .
- Magic - WWD MAGIC represents the full fashion spectrum where womenswear is concerned. Buyers come from around the world come to this biannual fair in Las Vegas to find womens sportswear, junior, contemporary, casual lifestyle, lingerie, swim, accessories and footwear presented by thousands of exhibitors . . .
- Milano Unica – Italy’s answer to Premiere Vision.
- Linea Pelle – Biannual Italian leather and leather accessories (buttons, zippers, metal hardware, etc.) fair in Bologna