The following questions support active research efforts toward my thesis concept. A list of interviewees will be added shortly
- Do you believe that UX design needs a framework to afford credibility to the field?
- What method might a UX designer use to establish an evidence-based design process?
- Do UX designers consider objective reality in the design process? (Should they?)
- Are you familiar with phenomenology as a methodology for providing insight into direct personal experience? (Could phenomenology provide a critical theoretical framework for current design practices?)
- We use the phrase “meaning is in the mind of the beholder” this hold true with phenomenological principles. What type of research are UX designers performing to understand this “meaning” when personal experience is subjective and varies by user?
- If a designer knew the users subjective personal experience with the technology would it help them guide the desired user experience? (What about the objective reality?)
- Are current users seeking price and functionality or meaningful experiences? (What method would a UX designer follow to accomplish this?)
- How is human-computer interaction design contributing to visual and/or digital culture?
- Do you have further ideas or theories on this subject?