1. Coming up with a shape using fiures. I played with figures and selected a shape I liked. It was a squre minus circle. A circle in a box
2. Cutting process (1″ and 2″ squres)
3. Arrangement (1″ squres only)
6. First selected design: I selected a design that I thought was adequate and painted on the illustration board with india ink. However after making final piece I felt like it’s too rigid and has no fun. So I decided to try something more fun and doesn’t break the rule at the same time.
7. Second selected design: I took the outlines from the assembled piece and filled it in and out to come up with something more fun and interesting.
Class critique: I got a critique on the piece I created from the class mates. The strong point discussed was that the design has a good balance of positive and negative shape and that it has a elegant looking shape. Weak point part discussed was the accidental heart, I had to fill in the blank due to an accident while filling in the blanks with india ink, which at the end created an accidental heartshape.