iSanctuary Jewelry Design Competition
Contest Dates: September 14, 2012 – October 16, 2012
School: Savannah College of Art & Design
What iSanctuary’s All About:
iSanctuary is a social entrepreneurship which employs young women rescued from human trafficking in both India and the US through the production and sale of fashion jewelry. All of the jewelry is currently designed and produced in Mumbai, India. iSanctuary founder, Stephanie Pollaro, creates the designs. The Indian women we employ then produce the jewelry, and it’s shipped to the US headquarters for distribution.
The Competition Down Low:
iSanctuary is now giving SCAD students the exclusive opportunity to design the newest piece of the iSanctuary jewelry line! The winning design will be produced and sold nationwide. All submissions will be evaluated by the iSanctuary design team, and the top five designs will be chosen. Those designs will then be featured on our social media outlets to leave it up to our community to vote on their favorite design. The design with the most votes is declared the winner! The winning designer will receive national exposure on iSanctuary’s website and social media, an interview with iSanctuary and $100 worth of our jewelry!
You may enter the contest as many times as you’d like! Please use any combination of the following materials. You do not have to use the entire list, but you may not use any items not mentioned below.
• Burlap Rope (Jupe Rope)
• Scraps of Fabric (Think Recycled Indian Cotton Saris)
• Glass Beads (Generic)
• Chains (Plated in color is ok but please no gold plating)
• Faux Pearls
• Seed Beads
• Acrylic Beads
• Sheets of metal (You may cut into other shapes if need be)
• Plastic beads
• Computer Parts/Spark Plugs
• Embroidery Floss (Like that would be used for crocheting)
• Semi Precious Stones
Here’s How It Works:
1) You submit design work
2) iSanctuary’s design team determines top 5 designs
3) iSanctuary community will vote on the top winning design
4) We will produce and sell the final design, paying the winning designer $100 in iSanctuary jewelry merchandise.
5) Designers need to accept our terms and conditions before submitting entry.
6) Designers keep the rights to the sketch, but we get exclusive rights to manufacture and sell the product.
Please email submissions to Michelle Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions Must Include the Following:
• At least 3 images
• Instructional “How to Video”
• List of Materials
• One sample sent to iSanctuary HQ at 17935 Sky Park Circle Suite F Irvine, CA 92614
• Design Files