Protected: ATL AP Controller June 11, 2012Posted by bwallace in : wireless , comments closed
Making Access Points Broadcast SSIDs November 15, 2007Posted by bwallace in : wireless , comments closed
Due to a some code updates occasionally an access point will not broadcast the SSID. To force the access points to broadcast the SSID telnet into the access point and run the following commands.
For AP 700s
set wifssidtbl 3.1 bcastbeaconssid enable
set wif 3 closedsys disable
set wifssidtbl 4.1 bcastbeaconssid enable
set wif 4 closedsys disable
Access Point Setup November 14, 2007Posted by bwallace in : wireless , comments closed
This is how to setup a factory default access point for the Savannah SCAD network.
- Configure a network port to be untagged on the 17 vlan
- Connect access point and if it is not on a POE switch either install power injector or just plug the AP into a wall outlet. It takes a few minutes for an access point to boot up.
- Open Wavelink Mobile Manager and wait for the access point to show up in the “10.17.0.0″ folder
- Once it appears, right click on the new access point and go down to assign to profile and select the profile that corresponds to your AP’s model for example “SCAD ap700 v3.1 no auth”
- The access point should reset at this point
- While the access point is resetting, change the vlan of the network port to be tagged on the 17 and 170 vlans
- Once the access point finishes rebooting remove it from the profile group. Currently if you leave it in the profile group it will not keep the IP you assign it.
- Move the access point to the correct building folder in Wavelink
- After it is moved, right click on the AP and left click on properties
- Click on advance
- Open the system tab and go to system name and change the name to the correct name then hit ok
- Right click on the AP and then left click on it to set the IP address. Enter the correct IP based on the location.
- Make sure to document correctly before installing AP
Setting Up Wavelink Mobile Manager October 23, 2007Posted by bwallace in : wireless , comments closed
Wavelink is the software used for setting up and monitoring Access Points and for also seeing if network devices are online.
- Go to Adminserv\Data3\Shares\NSG\applications\wavelink
- Double click on mm_5770.exe
- Continue through the install selecting the defaults until you get to the Choose Product Features screen. At this screen click the install Administrator Console button then click next.
- Continue choosing the defaults until you finish the installation
- After you finish the installation open the Mobile Manager Administrator that you just installed
- When you open Mobile Manager the first time it will ask the IP of the Wavelink server. Enter the IP 10.17.0.25 and make sure you check Auto Connect.
- See Brad or I for the login information.