Setting Up Wavelink Mobile Manager October 23, 2007Posted by bwallace in : wireless , comments closed
Wavelink is the software used for setting up and monitoring Access Points and for also seeing if network devices are online.
- Go to Adminserv\Data3\Shares\NSG\applications\wavelink
- Double click on mm_5770.exe
- Continue through the install selecting the defaults until you get to the Choose Product Features screen. At this screen click the install Administrator Console button then click next.
- Continue choosing the defaults until you finish the installation
- After you finish the installation open the Mobile Manager Administrator that you just installed
- When you open Mobile Manager the first time it will ask the IP of the Wavelink server. Enter the IP 10.17.0.25 and make sure you check Auto Connect.
- See Brad or I for the login information.
Repairing Dead APC UPS October 23, 2007Posted by bwallace in : UPS , comments closed
When dealing with a dead UPS try the following as quoted from a service e-mail.
“Do the LED’s ever light or does the unit make any sounds? There are a couple of things need to be tried to see if we can get this up and running. The first thing is to check the battery connections and the circuit breakers on the back. The second thing is to check for a loose communications cable. Next we are going to try a brain dead. The unit needs to be off and unplugged from the wall. Press and hold down the off button till you hear a click. Next we are going to kick the unit on to battery to test that. In the same state as above, press and hold down the test button. You will hear a chirp, pause, then a tone. Let go of the button during the tone. This should turn the unit on and run off battery. At this point, go ahead a plug it back into the wall. It should switch over
to AC. If none of these steps do anything, you may need a new unit”
Also try looking for answers in the APC knowledge base.
If the unit is still dead then check to see if it is still under warranty.
If it is still covered by the original warranty then you can go to the following page to see what to do next.