I traced the grid and saw varying sizes of diamond shapes, so I wanted to outline them and color in some just to mess around and see how it would look. I also saw rows of X’s, but I left them alone for the first inked plan. I thought the first one looked okay, but lacked variety.
The second design I threw in the rows of X’s along with the smaller diamonds. I felt the end result looked like an ugly sweater pattern. While that would be humorous, it probably isn’t something I’d wanna turn in. Plus there’s no real focal point, which is why I colored in the center design, but it just looks weird and out of place there.
For the third design, I tried to combine the first and second to see if I could create some kind of harmony, and I think I did. I’ll explain the thought process in the final design post next.