Posted by Andrew Wegener on October 31st, 2012
Microsoft Visual was a new program for me at this point. I did not enjoy this assignment. However, now that I am over my frustration, I realize Professor Rueda’s intention. He wants us to be frustrated! No, seriously. Through our frustration, we actually learn how to solve the problems we run into. I don’t necessarily agree with his methods, but they might be effective… maybe.
Anyways, I tried. I tried at least 9 times. I spent literally all weekend from the first bus to school until the 8 or 10pm bus trying to find a game that would run. However, it wasn’t until Sunday that I was able to get one to work – and it was the example shown in class… I believe I still met the requirements, but it for sure wasn’t impressive. I attempted to edit it, but it wasn’t in any form I was familiar with (it didn’t have the form window that shows the what the window will look like when it runs). I was able to edit the colors slightly. Here are the differences in the code and the results they produced:
The above images show the original code and color scheme
The above images show the new code and color scheme
Unfortunately, this was all I was able to figure out how to change. Like Thomas Edison said, I didn’t only get one solution for making a game (or light bulb in his case), but I discovered 1000 ways not to make one…. or something like that! Stay positive! Hopefully, I’ll be able to take away a little more from the next assignment!