Your midterm exam will take place during class on Wednesday, April 22nd in the Anderson Hall computer lab. Please make sure you are able to log in to the lab computers and your MySCAD account before coming to class on Wednesday. If you have trouble with your net id it will need to be reset, and that may require help from Tech Support. It is essential that you are present and on time for the exam – makeup exams are given only in the most extenuating circumstances.
The exam will cover the Elements of Design and Unifying Principles of Design along with associated vocabulary. Questions will be fill in the blank, matching, and short answer. There will be several opportunities to analyze the composition of a given image using the vocabulary we have covered over the past five weeks.
In addition, your blogs will also receive a midterm grade. Please make sure all the following are posted on your blog by the time you come to class on Wednesday:
• introduction post with photo
• subdivision of a groundsheet post(s) including: 100 thumbnail sketches, 4 final pieces, critique notes, redesign with explanation
• exploration #1: concentration & isolation (include labels and explanation)
• repetition grid post including: motif sketches, cell options (motif placed in cell), min. 5 design options, min. 3 inking plans, final design, critique notes.
• blog inspiration post (including hyperlinks to referenced blogs)
• SCAD Museum essay
• Field Trip lecture post (if applicable)
• exploration #2: the black square problem (including labels and explanation)