“Go out there and give them hell. You were born to do this.”
-Garrus Vakarian [from the hit sci-fi trilogy game Mass Effect]
Do not mistake me for a common artist. I act strangely. I act without reason. I raise eyebrows of those who do not know me — and, occasionally, of those who do. Sometimes I make sense. Sometimes I may even try to make sense. But most of the time I do not. I chose this path because ‘Random’ is an art and I… am a master.
___Back to Basics__:
- My name is Amanda Katelyn Smith.
- My father does not understand the term “original”, if he did I’d have a different name.
- I always pop my chip bags open upside down.
- I’ve found that exterminating fruit flies is as tedious a process as having one’s teeth routinely cleaned… except the only tool the dentist uses is a pizza slicer.
- Purple is the official color of “AWESOME”.
- Wearing shoes on the bed, to me, is the most uncomfortable feeling ever recorded.
- I’ll never get why Lord Elrond didn’t just push that git Isildur into the fires of Mount Doom.
- The word “homogenized” sends me into unreasonable fits of rage.
- I regress to age six when I get jealous (which is pretty much an every other day thing).
- I am the most indecisive individual on this silly planet… at least, I think I am.
- And bad puns are something I live for.
Currently, I’m in the business of “soul-searching”, which translated from “fancy” means that Me, Myself, and I are still trying to figure out what to do with this fussy adopted lovechild of good and bad luck adequately named “Life” ever since the bags were packed and I shouted with exuberance over my shoulder, “Thanks, Mom and Dad, but I’ll take it from here!”
So I threw those bags into the car with over 100,000 miles tacked onto it — and if you’ve ever owned a car with over 100,000 miles tacked onto it you’d know it’s about as tricky and frail to operate as a kid with brittle bone disease trying to play hopscotch. Two cats and a fiancé that can legally be dubbed as clinically insane as I made the journey and now we’re here in peachy Savannah with a few dollars in one pocket and a dream in the other. SCAD, for what I’m hoping (and paying), is going to be a very essential part of that dream.
I’m a Motion Media student. And I’m a force to be reckoned with.
Outside of cinema, who actually wakes up in the morning, looks in the mirror, and gives themselves a pep talk to start the day with a smile? I do. Success is up to me. I’ll raise this brat according to my own code and no matter the path Life decides to rudely shove me down I know I was born to walk it — I was born to do this.
Additional Information: CLASSIFIED — [Or not if you decide you're not a believer in proverbs and decide to be that cat that meows boldly on the fence outside curiosity's window at night without fear of being pummeled to death by a boot... with metal spikes. What the hell does that mean? It means don't be afraid to indulge and ask me a question if you see me traversing the campus hallways confidently as though it appears that I actually know where I'm going. Really, I could get turned around in my own one bedroom apartment.]
Note: Unless otherwise stated, the photos you see in this blog were taken by the redhead you see in the top image. Wait a tick. That’s me. I’m the photographer. Score. And I suppose my beautiful fiancé has earned some of the credit, too… some.