The first SCAD Day of our 2012/2013 school year took place on Saturday,
The SCAD-Atlanta Student Ambassadors welcomed prospective
students and their families, as well as accompanied them all over campus to
wherever they needed to go. Ambassadors were stationed in key areas
including the DMC (Digital Media Center), ACA Sculpture Facility, and our
residence halls (ACA Residence Hall and Spring House), as well as all over
the main building, 1600 Peachtree ST, NW. There were shuttle tours
continuously throughout the day, with shuttles looping around all of our
buildings, including Ivy Hall!
A new concept was introduced this SCAD Day: instead of various workshops and
activities happening around campus, a “concierge” system was implemented.
With this system, prospective students would first check-in, and then they
were given their own customized list of places they could visit throughout
the day, based on their personal preferences and interests. Ambassadors
found this to be successful, and a different way for prospective students to
experience the campus, based on exactly what they were most interested in
seeing and doing.
This time we had an 88% participation rate and 100% NewBee Shadowing.
According to the post SCAD Day surveys from our ambassadors, they were all
satisfied with their assignments, the day’s schedule, as well as our brand
new teal ambassador shirts and backpacks!
SCAD Atlanta Student Ambassadors did an excellent job interacting and implementing the Accepted Students Day on Saturday, April 21, 2012. The group had a record breaking 100% participation rate and this helped to ensure a successful event for all accepted students and their families.
Event Highlights included:
- Accepted Students Video Vox Populi: Accepted students were caught on tape discussing their thoughts and feelings of excitement when hearing they were accepted to SCAD Atlanta.
- Study Abroad with SCAD: Current students (Kelsey Maharrey) and staff shared their experiences at SCAD Lacoste (France) and SCAD Hong Kong.
- SCAD Parent and Alumni Perspectives: Families were invited to participate in a question and answer session with parents of current SCAD students and SCAD alumni.
- Departmental Workshop Demonstrations: Printmaking, Sculpture, and Television Producing faculty/students shared an insider view and hands-on demonstration of their artistic concepts and cutting-edge technology.
- Class of 2016 After Party: Accepted students celebrated with ambassadors with special giveaway items, demos, SCAD radio, photo booth, and an interactive dinner!
Special recognition to the following ambassadors/student representatives:
- Madalina Anton, for assisting with not one but two Ivy Hall shuttle and facility tours
- Momo, for providing a special one-on-one guided tour for a family that arrived after the actual event
- Brittani Bumb, for giving a special one-on-one guided tour of the fashion department and serving for the day as SCAD Day Ambassador Coordinator.
- Allie Jernigan, for getting 10+ accepted students to requesting information about Design your Day class sit-ins and ambassador conversation appointments
- Josh Same, for volunteering at the scholarship luncheon and all through the entire Accepted Students Day programming
Thanks to Carlos, Charlese, Allie, and Xiaoyan, we have these wonderful photographs! Some of the photographs were taken by SCAD Atlanta communications and event photographers.
Student Ambassadors had a blast helping out with the Accepted Students Day on April 2, 2011. All prospective students and their guests visited SCAD Atlanta to experience all that SCAD offers to its students such as amazing faculty, exciting student life, numerous student organizations, and top-of-the-line facilities.
All students were accepted to SCAD and got a chance to enroll on-campus to obtain their SCAD ID. Visitors even got a change to tour every part of the SCAD Atlanta campus from the main 1600 building to Ivy Hall. In addition, numerous social activities were arranged for the students to participate in such as Soda Pop Social, SCAD Scavenger Hunt, and SCAD Quest! Students left the campus with new friends and a sense of welcome. All the students I talked to had a blast experiencing the student life of their future school. What a great event for students ambassadors to participate in!
On February 26, 2011, the SCAD Atlanta Student Ambassadors took on yet another SCAD Day, but this time it was JUNIOR SCAD DAY!
There was no help from Savannah admission staff this time around so the ambassadors were really putting in work to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible. At the end of the day, the whole event went according to plan. The juniors had a day full of informational seminars and free tacos from Cafe Hub 101. As I passed through the crowd of juniors, I saw a sense of excitement and wonder exuding from their faces. Special thanks needs to go out to Robin Morris for making sure the entire day was huge success!