This past week, the Student Ambassador program was delighted to invite 17 new members to its group! We are all so excited for the SCAD NewBees to start their journey as Student Ambassadors! Congrats everyone!
Renuka Adhav, Freshman, Painting
Christine Aji, Freshman, Graphic Design
Kayla Brewton, Freshman, Illustration & Graphic Design
Paige Cheshier, Freshman, Photography
Matthew Cornwall, Freshman, Graphic Design
Victoria-Grace Hardy, Freshman, Fashion & Fashion Marketing and Management
Michael Huh, Freshman, Interior design & Industrial Design
Heather Jenkinson, Junior, Illustration & Sequential Arts
Sarai Mayes, Freshman, Animation
Patresea Peppers, Freshman, Fashion
Nathan Pinney, Freshman, Illustration
Charles Quinney, Graduate, Animation
Shir Wen Sun, Sophomore, Illustration
Joanna Tine, Sophomore, Writing & Photography
Ginger Tontaveetong, Graduate, Animation
Marissa Villarreel, Freshman, Fashion
Bradleigh Watlington, Freshman, Performing Arts & Interior Design
And a special thanks to all of our Volunteer Mentors for the 2012-2013 Year!
Brittani Bumb, Senior, Fashion
Katie Franken, Sophomore, Advertising
Nancy Olivo, Junior, Sequential Art
Francesca Roque, Senior, Interior Design
Mohamed Sid’ahmed, Sophomore, Visual Effects
Andrea van Hintum, Sophomore, Fashion
This was the event to be seen at SCAD Atlanta’s Fall Orientation, on Friday, September 9, 2011!
The Student Ambassador Program invited incoming Freshmen, Transfer and Graduate students to participate in this social event in order to welcome them and introduce the Student Ambassador program to the new SCAD students. The event, held in 515C, had more than 50 students and 30 guests in attendance. In order for everyone to get to know one another, ice breakers such as Ninja and A Million Questions were played, which had the students laughing with their fellow classmates. In addition, refreshments were served. Winners of both games won SCAD goodies!
O’Seremi Odu, a SCAD Atlanta Student Ambassador, told me after the event that “The passion from us leaders encourages the new students with enthusiasm. Their enthusiasm kindles our passion. It is a wonderful cycle!” And how true it is! Meeting the new students motivated the ambassadors to be excited for a brand new year of new friendships and activities!
While at the event, I spoke to a few of the attendees, and it was great to see a number of them show interest in what the ambassadors were doing and asking for the applications! Mixed emotions were felt at the event as some students were nervous to be leaving home while some were excited to be living at the dorms for the first time.
The Leadership and Lemonade event is definitely a fun experience you should take part in next year, if you haven’t experienced it already.
The Student Ambassador Program is now recruiting NewBees for our 2011-2012 school year.
Student Ambassador Fall Recruitment has begun! We are accepting application through October 3, 2011.
- Has a positive image of SCAD and is excited about contributing to the success of the university
- Ability to articulate the benefits of a SCAD education to prospective students
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Positive can-do team spirit and interest in serving a role model
- Maintains a GPA that is conducive to graduation requirements
- Participates in fall/winter training (ongoing/scheduled)
- Attends biweekly Friday meetings (morning)
- Updates class schedule and profile in myvolunteerpage.com
- Volunteers for at least three official ambassador events per quarter, in addition to all visitation days (SCAD Days)
- Participates in optional social activities
- Works all visitation days each quarter including but not limited to SCAD Days and Accepted Student Days
- Complies with the tenets of the Student Ambassador Agreement
- Eligibility for awards
- Leadership and training experience
- Eligibility to become a Student Ambassador Coordinator (up to $200 monthly stipend)
- Network of friends during college and after graduation
Have a question about our program? Not sure if you can commit to the program due to your busy schedule?
Ask our Membership Coordinator or Adviser.
- Email Allie Jernigan, Membership Coordinator, your questions at email@example.com.
- Call Jennifer Liu, Student Ambassador Adviser, at 404.253.6814.
Visit our Information Table
- Drop by one of our information tables in the hub. We will be in the hub through the end of September.
- Join us at Embark. Explore. Discover; Majors, Student Organization and University Services Fair on Friday, September 30 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m in 4C.
Request an Application Packet for more information!
Applications are available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are also available at the Admission Kiosk (2nd floor, 1600 Peachtree).