Accepted Students Day-April 21, 2012
SCAD Atlanta Student Ambassadors did an excellent job interacting and implementing the Accepted Students Day on Saturday, April 21, 2012. The group had a record breaking 100% participation rate and this helped to ensure a successful event for all accepted students and their families.
Event Highlights included:
- Accepted Students Video Vox Populi: Accepted students were caught on tape discussing their thoughts and feelings of excitement when hearing they were accepted to SCAD Atlanta.
- Study Abroad with SCAD: Current students (Kelsey Maharrey) and staff shared their experiences at SCAD Lacoste (France) and SCAD Hong Kong.
- SCAD Parent and Alumni Perspectives: Families were invited to participate in a question and answer session with parents of current SCAD students and SCAD alumni.
- Departmental Workshop Demonstrations: Printmaking, Sculpture, and Television Producing faculty/students shared an insider view and hands-on demonstration of their artistic concepts and cutting-edge technology.
- Class of 2016 After Party: Accepted students celebrated with ambassadors with special giveaway items, demos, SCAD radio, photo booth, and an interactive dinner!
Special recognition to the following ambassadors/student representatives:
- Madalina Anton, for assisting with not one but two Ivy Hall shuttle and facility tours
- Momo, for providing a special one-on-one guided tour for a family that arrived after the actual event
- Brittani Bumb, for giving a special one-on-one guided tour of the fashion department and serving for the day as SCAD Day Ambassador Coordinator.
- Allie Jernigan, for getting 10+ accepted students to requesting information about Design your Day class sit-ins and ambassador conversation appointments
- Josh Same, for volunteering at the scholarship luncheon and all through the entire Accepted Students Day programming
Thanks to Carlos, Charlese, Allie, and Xiaoyan, we have these wonderful photographs! Some of the photographs were taken by SCAD Atlanta communications and event photographers.
Comments are closed.