Become a Student Ambassador!
Take Flight! SCAD’s Student Leadership Recruitment begins on Monday, January 7, 2013! Please review this page for additional information and instructions on how to participate in this process. You may also submit your completed hardcopy early application to Gabriela LaRosa in Poetter Hall, Room 304.
Limited Positions Available
- Student Ambassador (Contact: Gabriela LaRosa, firstname.lastname@example.org)
SCAD Student Leadership Application Process:
Applicants to SCAD Student Leadership Programs should complete the following steps:
Step 1. Decide which position(s) you would like to apply for and complete the online application. Applications are due no later than Wednesday, February 6 by Noon.
Step 2. Sign up for your individual interview. You will need to schedule one interview for each position in which you are applying. You must sign up for your interview no later than Wednesday, February 6 by Noon.
Step 3. Attend a Student Leadership Prep Session facilitated by Career and Alumni Success. During this session, we will provide an overview of the recruitment process and CAS will review your resume and cover letter and assist you preparing for the student leadership interview. Attending a prep session is optional, but will increase your chances for success during the Student Leadership Recruitment Process.
Step 4. Complete your resume. Your resume should include the following areas: education, employment history, student activities or volunteer experience, applicable skills and any honors or awards you have received. Please bring one copy of your resume for each position in which you are applying.
Step 5. Create a professional cover letter for each position in which you are applying. This cover letter should outline your interest and applicable skills.
Step 6. Complete the supplemental questions and application materials associated with your position (if needed).
Step 7. Attend the LEAD Conference (Friday, February 1, 2013) to learn more about building your leadership skills.
Step 8. Attend the Individual Interview Day (Friday, February 8, 2013). Please bring the following items with you to your interview:
- Resume (one copy for each position)
- Cover letter (one copy for each position)
- Supplemental questions (if required for your position(s))
- Recommendation form (if required for your position(s))
Need more information?
- Please refer to the SCAD Student Employment page for additional notes on eligibility for positions. Some positions are offered through the Work-Study program. If you have specific questions pertaining to this, please contact the specific department you desire to work for.
- Check out blog.scad.edu/leadership for a list of Frequently Asked Questions or attend one of their information sessions. Session schedule to come.
Comments are closed.