APPLICATION for SCAD GRADUATE STUDENTS
SECAC 2011 CONFERENCE GRANTS
2011 Southeastern College Art Conference (SECAC) Annual Meeting and Conference
Savannah College of Art and Design Savannah, GA
November 9 – 12, 2011
MERIT: SECAC membership and conference fees paid plus $500 to offset conference travel expenses.
HONOR: SECAC membership ($30) and conference registration ($50) fees paid.
The final amount of funding and number of recipients will be based on the number and quality of applications.
Criteria and Guidelines
Graduate student at SCAD.
3.2 or higher cumulative G.P.A.
Participants must be able to attend at least two days of conference events.
Students who have passed Candidacy Review are preferred.
Applications must include items 1-3 below and are due to April Martin, email@example.com, at the Office of Graduate Studies by 5:30pm on Friday, September 30. A decision will be made regarding final amount of funding based on the number of applicants. Applicants must be strong representatives of the college.
1. Current resume. Be sure to include the following:
Name and SCAD ID
Local address, City, State, Zip
Phone number(s), SCAD email
2. ProAdvisor report or unofficial transcript.
3. A brief (<250 words) written statement that describes how your attendance at SECAC will benefit you and your career, and in what aspects of the conference you’ll participate (you may preview the conference preliminary program at www.secollegeart.org).
Benefits to Participation:
• Attend presentations on a wide variety of studio, art history, education, and theory topics.
• Gain experience with professional conference participation.
• Meet experts; network.
• Attend a keynote lecture by a leader in the arts.
• Attend the SECAC Juried Exhibition.
• Experience the cultural richness of the city of Savannah.
Applicants selected to receive support will be notified by Friday, October 28.