* Students will begin each quarter with a $25 Virtual Credit (500 pages per quarter).
* Lab laser prints will cost $.05 per page. Plotters will not be assigned a usage fee.
* After the student’s Virtual Balance is depleted students can add funds from the SCAD
Card online using the MyPrint System (after the debit account on their SCAD card has been activated).
Balances, Funding and Pricing:
Five cents will be charged for every page printed. The printing system will
store and track two funding types/balances for every student. The first
funding source is their quarterly virtual balance, which will reset
every quarter (regardless of usage) to $25. If a student’s initial
quarterly virtual balance is depleted and they wish to continue
printing they must transfer funds from their SCAD Card account to the
printing system which is done by logging into http://myprint.scad.edu.
Funds added from their SCAD Card will be carried over from quarter to
quarter until their personal balance is depleted or the student is
deemed inactive. Students may add funds to their SCAD Card online at
any time as long as they have a “SCAD Card and Debit Account Agreement”
on record. If they do not have this agreement on record, they may fill
out the form available on the forms channel in MySCAD and send it to
the SCAD Card office.
* Upon sending the print command students will be asked to login to the
MyPrint system. Students will log into MyPrint using their NetID (the
password used to log onto workstations), and will be informed of the
cost of the job and their current balance. Students will have the
opportunity to process the job or cancel it at this point.
* Students will automatically be logged out of MyPrint after 15 minutes, or the
increment of time selected from the pull-down menu.
* Students are responsible for any jobs printed under their login, so remember to
log out of your workstations and do not leave them logged in and
* MyPrint can also be accessed via a shortcut by the
same name on the desktop of each workstation. This is where students
can view and manage their balances.
Refunds will only be issued in the event of a mechanical or physical problem
with a printer, toner, etc. Refunds must be verified by the building
manager. Proof of misprint will be required to issue any refunds.