INSPIRE 2009 ENTRY GUIDELINES! January 21, 2009Posted by sfdm in : Announcerments, Competitions , comments closed
INSPIRE 2009 “A Perfect Storm” Student Showcase Guidelines
ATTENTION: Sorry about the confusion, but you can submit anything you have that was created since the last INSPIRE 08′. You do NOT need to create anything new. Please submit all work you think would apply. Looking for all media .
1. Work must be submitted in the highest quality along with a lower resolution file for judging.
2. All files must include a slate with artists name and total running time.
3. The categories for submission are listed below.
4. Deadline for submission is Feb. the 13th (Friday)
5. Submit work in a dropbox, located on the fourth floor of Montgomery, behind the greeters desk. Label work with name, contact information, and category.
Show Open/Film Title
Best of Show
Maya Modeling Challenge! January 21, 2009Posted by sfdm in : Announcerments, Competitions , comments closed
We are challenging you to create a unique virtual model using Maya. It could be person, place or thing, so put your imagination to work! (Need inspiration? Check out some of Michael Ingrassia’s work)
Winners will be selected from two categories: amateur and professional. Finalists in each category will be chosen by YOU through a voting system. And don’t be sloppy! Judge Michael Ingrassia will be inspecting the finalists’ working files to make sure the job was done right.
Winners will receive a cash prize and their artwork featured in Computer Graphics World Magazine! (More info on the prizes coming soon)
The deadline to enter is March 31, 2009.
Are you up for the challenge?
Visit www.focalpress.com/mayamodelingcontest.aspx for more information on how to enter. Good luck!
Have you seen our latest catalog?
Complete with linkable features,new releases, and many of our backlist favorites- now updated for fall/winter 08!